|All Yamaha teachers are certified and:
• Undergo rigorous seminar training with National Music Education department staff at Yamaha Corp of America
• Successfully pass Yamaha Grade Exam, a comprehensive international music examination
• Receive over 100 hours of training with special seminar instruction with Yamaha Music Foundation teachers and staff from Japan
• Take systematic, ongoing development, evaluations and training through annual study groups and Experienced Teacher Seminars
• Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in music education and / or performance, and 3-5 years experience teaching
Meet our teachers
Rita Hovanesian received her Bachelor of Music Degree in Piano Performance from California State University, Northridge and her Master of Fine Arts in Piano Performance from the University of California, Los Angeles. Over the years, she has participated in music festivals and competitions throughout the United States and performed in solo, chamber, and orchestral concerts.
Aziza received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Music Education with a Piano Emphasis from California State University of Northridge (CSUN). Overtime, she has consistently performed in classical, jazz and other various ensembles. Currently she regularly performs with Novala, an afro-beat-influenced 9-piece ensemble, whereby some of her original compositions are showcased.